Montreal, November 27, 2013
Reporting to: Senior Vice-President, SHARP
Location: Fednav Corporate Head Office – Montreal Quebec
Headquartered in Montreal, is the largest ocean-going shipowning and chartering group in Canada engaged in ocean transportation of mainly bulk cargoes on a worldwide basis. With 70 years of experience and expertise, we are a driven, innovative, and respected organization committed to our employees and customers.
As a senior member of Fednav’s SHARP department, the successful candidate will provide dynamic leadership to a diverse team of highly skilled professionals working together to create substantial new development particularly in the Arctic.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, SHARP, at Fednav’s headquarters in Montreal, the candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing new long term capital projects and will seamlessly step into a key management role which will highlight creative and strategic thinking capabilities, strength in working with financial models and a natural sense of developing and nurturing key relationships.
Honesty, integrity, and a respect toward our community and the environment define our values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be requested to:
- Develop new long-term projects
- Be responsible for the execution of existing business development proposals
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the company’s business development activities and strategies
- Manage project budgets and monitors deliverables
- Minimize exposure and risk on projects
- Report key issues on projects under their responsibility to the Senior V-P and keeps him abreast of any potential problems and provide appropriate solutions
- Assist management in development of long-term contracts of affreightment
- Understanding of and ability to build shipping financial models
- Having strong numerate and analytical skills
- Having excellent financial accounting skills
- Being a first-class communicator (verbal and written)
- Demonstrating creativity in his/her work and approach to challenges
- Ability for effective decision making
- Having strong interpersonal skills, a solid negotiator
- Ability for thinking “on your feet” and taking initiative
- Ability to effectively step into a management role
- Ideally a Marine or Transportation background
- Experience with Arctic-related business is considered an asset
- University degree preferably in: International Business or Project Management and/or Master Mariner Certificate
- Project Management experience is essential
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- French is considered an asset.
We are working exclusively with a recruitment firm on this mandate. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter directly to Caroline Horsley with Spinnaker Consulting at email@example.com. Fednav is an equal opportunity employer.