Montreal, August 5, 2013
Reporting to: Manager, Operations
Location: Fednav Corporate Head Office – Montreal Quebec
Headquartered in Montreal, is the largest ocean-going shipowning and chartering group in Canada engaged in ocean transportation of mainly bulk cargoes on a worldwide basis. With 70 years of experience and expertise, we are a driven, innovative, and respected organization committed to our employees and customers.
Honesty, integrity, and a respect toward our community and the environment define our values.
Working within company policy guidelines and procedures, the Fleet Operator is responsible for operating a fleet of about 8-10 ships. He/she will be requested to:
- Familiarization of Voyage and Time Charter contracts requirementspertaining to his/her voyages and manage post fixture matters
- Proper voyage planning with the objective to optimize time saving and revenue, reduce costs, gather all required information.
- Elaborate (optimal) bunkering plan
- Provide timely and detailed instructions to the masters of his/her fleet
- Appoint and instruct agents, surveyors, stevedores, weather routing company in a timely manner
- Voyage management; i.e., monitor proactively all participants and initiate pre-emptive or corrective action whenever required
- Preparation of freight billings, approve payment of hires and miscellaneous vendors invoices
- Monitor the issuance and on-forwarding of all cargo documents
- Adhere to and enforce the company’s operational security, environment policies
- Work closely with our contract partners and maintain the company’s high service standards and reputation
- Perform various clerical tasks, including post-voyage analysis (financial and statistical), maintaining Oracle voyage log, and electronic voyage filing
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a similar role
- Organized, fast worker, possessing the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Inquisitive and logical
- Results driven and strong problem solver
- Ability to control costs
- Ability to build relationships and develop trust
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Flexible to work outside of office hours
- Sea-going experience is not a requisite is considered an asset
- Capable of working with current computer applications
Fednav offers a competitive total compensation package and opportunities for growth and development. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and quote the position, Fleet Operator, in the subject heading of your email. Fednav is an equal opportunity employer.